The success of Xaverian’s athletic teams heightens community spirit and Hawk pride. While enthusiasm and support for all things Xaverian is most appreciated, we want to remind everyone of some basic ground rules for tailgating at Xaverian and in our parking lots. Unlike the pre-game activity at many colleges and professional sporting events, tailgating at a high school game has restrictions that need to be respected and followed by everyone in attendance. These restrictions help us work to ensure the safety of everyone while simultaneously supporting a fun, family-friendly environment.
- Tailgating on campus is restricted to varsity games, and it can begin two hours before game time. There is no tailgating at the end of a game.
- A responsible adult must be present for each tailgating activity.
- No open flames (BBQ’s, fire pits, charcoal, etc.) are permitted. Gas and propane grills require a permit from the Town of Westwood and a responsible adult must be present. Students cannot tailgate with a grill if no adult is present.
- Trash – All trash must be taken off the Xaverian Brothers High School campus. Please bring trash bags to facilitate this process.
- All fire, emergency access lanes and “no parking zones” must remain clear at all times.
- No amplified sound is allowed.
- The possession and consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited before, during and after games.
- Under Massachusetts state law, smoking is prohibited on campus.
- Profanity, intoxication, aggressive behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct are grounds for immediate eviction from the campus.
As a Catholic and Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School, our focus is on character development which depends, to a large degree, on good role models. Thank you for helping the Xaverian provide a safe, fun and spirited setting for our athletic events.